Hello! It’s been far too long (again) since my last post. But I figured I’d share this recipe-since a lot of you may have little ones who have a very limited amount of food they will actually eat. I’m lucky both of my boys will try anything-but getting them to consume enough to keep their bellies full is another story. Enter Chicken Nuggets. Any time of the day Aiden will eat them. Guaranteed.
Have you seen what is in pre-made chicken nuggets? Lucky for you, we moved from upstate NY to Detroit, Michigan a little over a month ago and (don’t judge) I have a few Aldi Chicken nuggets left in my freezer. And guess what I discovered? They aren’t as bad as I thought they’d be. At least I can figure out what the ingredients are.
But I digress. Mine are better for you (can you say ground flaxseed?) and tastier. I made a double batch (to freeze) so if you prefer to half it you may!
- 2 lbs Ground Chicken
- 1/4 cup ground old fashioned oats (I use my coffee grinder for this)
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1 TBSP of Ground Flaxseed
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning (divided) sub paprika if you don’t have Old Bay
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder (divided)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1- 1 1/2 C Breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together chicken, oatmeal, half the parmesan (1/4 C), half the Old Bay Seasoning (1 tsp), garlic powder, Flaxseed, and pepper. Knead ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining parmesan cheese, Old Bay Seasoning, Garlic Powder,and bread crumbs.
- Form chicken mixture into “nugget” shaped pieces, and coat with the breadcrumb mixture and place on a cookie sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray if desired (I did not).
- Bake 15 min on each side, let cool, and enjoy!