Hello! It’s been far too long (again) since my last post. But I figured I’d share this recipe-since a lot of you may have little ones who have a very limited amount of food they will actually eat. I’m lucky both of my boys will try anything-but getting them to consume enough to keep their bellies full is another story. Enter Chicken Nuggets. Any time of the day Aiden will eat them. Guaranteed.
Have you seen what is in pre-made chicken nuggets? Lucky for you, we moved from upstate NY to Detroit, Michigan a little over a month ago and (don’t judge) I have a few Aldi Chicken nuggets left in my freezer. And guess what I discovered? They aren’t as bad as I thought they’d be. At least I can figure out what the ingredients are.
But I digress. Mine are better for you (can you say ground flaxseed?) and tastier. I made a double batch (to freeze) so if you prefer to half it you may!
- 2 lbs Ground Chicken
- 1/4 cup ground old fashioned oats (I use my coffee grinder for this)
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1 TBSP of Ground Flaxseed
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning (divided) sub paprika if you don’t have Old Bay
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder (divided)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1- 1 1/2 C Breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together chicken, oatmeal, half the parmesan (1/4 C), half the Old Bay Seasoning (1 tsp), garlic powder, Flaxseed, and pepper. Knead ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining parmesan cheese, Old Bay Seasoning, Garlic Powder,and bread crumbs.
- Form chicken mixture into “nugget” shaped pieces, and coat with the breadcrumb mixture and place on a cookie sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray if desired (I did not).
- Bake 15 min on each side, let cool, and enjoy!
Aiden reading Oliver a book.
There is a little update on photos 🙂 I’m hoping to get some family photos once the weather clears up a bit.
Grandma Link came to visit our house last week. Of course I was bad at taking photos, but thankfully she took some for me.
We had so much fun going to the Museum of Play, where Aiden rock climbed, colored, play in cars, boats, went into the mini Wegmans (but got upset when he realized the strawberries and banana’s weren’t real).
He also loved wearing Grandma’s new tennis shoes.
And his cowboy boots
Thank you Grandma Link for such a wonderful time. We miss you already!
july 25 through july 28. 2013.
Thank goodness we are closer to family and friends in Rochester! And thank goodness everyone missed us enough to start visiting right away (maybe it had something to do with Oliver arriving and Aiden growing-up so quickly) but we’ll pretend it’s because of Henry and I 🙂
Tyra and Kathleen drove to visit us for an extended weekend and we had a BLAST! The last time Henry and I went up to Ithaca to Robert H. Treman State Park to see the waterfall the path was closed, we were super excited it was open and we could take the girls there.
Aiden decided the water was perfect for playing in… and sitting in. I personally thought it was a bit cold. But I guess I’m not a two year old anymore.
Thank goodness the girls are expert photographers, because we hadn’t had a family photo with little Oliver yet. Saturday morning (more like afternoon-I take forever to get ready these days) we packed up the car and headed to the beach! The photos turned out amazing!
Here are a few of my favorites.
To end the weekend Saturday night we made home-made sushi rolls! Totally AMAZING and DELICIOUS and we are planning a repeat sushi night again very soon.